Small cooking fires can rapidly escalate into out of control and life threatening fire emergencies. That’s why a fire blanket is an essential item to have in your home kitchen, caravan or boat.
Chubb’s range of high quality fire blankets are designed to extinguish small stovetop fires caused by cooking fats and oils, as well small clothing fires. Features include:
- Certified to Australian Standard AS/NZS 3504
- Made from woven fibreglass fire resistant fabric
- Handy storage pouch with quick release tabs
- Easily mounted on the back of doors and inside cupboards
- 6 year warranty
Fire blanket tips and advice
- Always place the blanket carefully over cooking fires (do no throw).
- Ensure the heat source is turned off once the blanket is over the flames.
- Do not remove or touch the fire blanket until completely cool.
- Never re-use a fire blanket. They are for single use only.
- Clothing fires – wrap the fire blanket around the person and roll them on the ground.
- Do not use a fire blanket on electrical fires.